June 1, 2009

life with 2 kids....

Everyone always asks me how I am adapting to two and if its much harder than one. The answer is that Im adapting well and yes it is definitely much harder and everyday is a new challenge for me. There are definitely some days that I would like to go back to work, but I know in my heart that I would never give back this time I've been given with my kids. Watching them grow and be able to be with them for every milestone is such a blessing and something I will forever be grateful for. Its been a bit financially tough, but Greg has been awesome about making it work and giving me this incredible gift.

I recently read a really good blog post about trying to create a schedule with 2 young kids. Her schedule blows me away, but gives me hope that things get easier as the kids get older. I have had one for awhile now that I try to stick to, even though it only works maybe 50% of the time and is constantly being revised. Anyway, it helps keep me somewhat sane and I thought I would post it here so that you can see what my day is like and so that I have this to look back on in a year and laugh at myself! When I wrote it, it was also for the babysitter to follow, so it kinda reads funny... but you get the idea!

Schedule
6am- Luke’s First Bottle, cuddle time till Gracyn wakes up or put him back in
crib if he falls asleep while eating.

6-7am - Gracyn wakes up
Give them both Amoxicillan- Gracyn: 4ml Luke: 2ml

Breakfast- ideas: (choose 2) fresh fruit, yogurt, toast or bagel with
butter, cereal bar cut up, frozen pancakes or waffles
Sippy cup with whole milk (Use the playtex orange or pink insulated cups)

8am - Gracyn plays in the playroom, books and puzzles
Megan- empty the dishwasher and clean up from breakfast before joining Gracyn

9am – Luke Bottle, nap in crib
Gracyn Snack – ideas: goldfish, fresh fruit, fruit snacks, a couple of ritz
crackers or graham crackers
Sippy cup with ice water or 50/50 water and juice (refill this cup
throughout the day)
Allowed to watch 30 min of cartoons while eating her snack

10am - Play in front yard; bubbles, sidewalk chalk, water the flowers

11am - Lunch – ideas: cut up pieces of lunch meat, hot dog (cut slices in
quarters), grilled cheese, mac n’ cheese, veggie corn dogs, chicken
nuggets, string/sliced cheese, peas, corn, fruit cup, fresh fruit, any
veggies in fridge. Refill sippy cup with milk or with water/juice

After Lunch put Gracyn down for a nap- Change diaper, read 2 stories, 5
minutes of cuddling and then set in crib with all her lovies.

12noon- Luke Bottle in his nursery, then down for a nap
Megan- Clean up lunch mess, check client emails, try to do one chore

1-2pm - Gracyn up from nap, typically needs some quiet time when she wakes up
Snack – see ideas above
Allowed to watch 30 min of cartoons while eating her snack.

3pm - Luke Bottle, nap in swing
Gracyn plays in playroom, around the house or outside

4pm - Gracyn craft activities- Usually in highchair: color, playdough etc...
Megan- clean up the kitchen and start dinner

5pm - Dinner – Anything you are eating for dinner cut up small with a Sippy cup of
milk. There are steam bags of veggies in the freezer which are quick and
easy. She loves spaghetti, meatballs, chicken nuggets, etc..

6pm- Luke Bottle
Gracyn/Daddy playtime

7pm- Gracyn Bedtime Routine-
Bath (every other night), pjs, 10 min of reading and cuddling then set in
her crib with her lovies

9pm- Luke Bottle in his nursery, then down for bed

3-4am- Luke typically wakes up for a bottle

2 comments:

Dried-on Milk 8:46 AM  

whoa... yeah... another reason to just have one. meh, who am i kidding? i'll have another someday... right?

heather 2:49 PM  

WOW - seriously, seeing it down on paper makes me realize that us Moms really do have the hardest job their is! thanks for sharing. I'd say you are very organized for just getting this in writting.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP