A babe in my lap
Well I had good intentions of updating you on everything going on in our life, but little Gracyn has other ideas and does not want to be put down. So for now I will try to type with her in my lap. She loves the lights on the screen and the Dave Matthew's playing on iTunes (good taste in music already!!).
We have had an amazing 3 1/2 weeks! I cant believe that on Sunday, Gracyn will be 1 month old! Where has the time gone! She has changed so much! She is really filling out and getting some chunk on her thighs. Im guessing she is about 10 lbs now. We are on all formula feedings now and she is a happy girl. She still eats every 3 hrs or so during the day but last night she gave us 6 hrs of sleep! I of course was up every half hour waiting to see if she would wake up. I think she might have slept longer but I finally woke her up.
Today we ventured out to the mall to get out of the house. She does pretty well as long as the stroller is moving. She fell asleep at one point and then must have woken up and realized she didnt know where she was because she startled with arms wide and had the most terrified look on her face before she hyperventilated and let out one piercing scream! She calmed right down when she saw me, that is such an amazing feeling, to know that she recognizes me and knows she is safe. Maybe Im reading too much into it but thats how it felt :)
She also has started smiling at people intentionally, or so it seems. She really focuses on faces now and will smile at her parents goofy faces. Its amazing the things adults are reduced to doing to make a baby smile.
Lets see what else has happened. We have had lots of visitors. Grandma and Grandpa Abelard came to visit for Thanksgiving and helped us decorate the house for Christmas so Gracyn can have a tree her first Christmas. I will take pictures of it later to share. Aunt Manda and Uncle Ryan came up for the day to see her after Thanksgiving and we had a little photo shoot with Gracyn. Imagine us 3 Abelard photographers with cameras and my mom with hers taking pictures of the 3 of us, it was a pretty funny site. Poor baby has no idea what she is in for with the pictures.
Amanda came back to stay for a few days last week. Not nearly long enough! She spoiled us rotten while she was here and Gracyn is begging for her to come back. We had a great time hanging out and trying to get yet more pictures of Grace. She didnt really want to cooperate but we were able to get a few that I will post below for you. She is so beautiful, she really looks like her daddy with my lips. This really has been the most amazing experience of my life! I cant wait to share all the things she does with you!
The last picture of Gracyn on the paisley bedspread was taken by my friend Lidia- www.lidiaguerraphotography.com




3 comments:
she is adorable...I love the one on the paisley blanket...as well as the one where she is looking in the white t-shirt. You would never know that she doesn't sleep well for the camera! sooo cute. I can't wait to see her again!
YAY!! So glad to see more pictures and her what is new in little Gracyn's life!!
I saw your sister today and she said you were just loving being a mommy!!
i feel like i am already missing out on soooo much!!!! she has changed ...i am ready to lose it!!! she is Greg all over again...although i can really see you in her too..i can't wait to hold gracyn and giver lots of cuddles in person!!!
Post a Comment