Reasons this baby will love her daddy....
I have always heard some people say that girls end up marrying someone very similiar to their dads. I personally know this is true. I married a man that has so many similiar traits as my dad that it makes me love him more every day. I grew up every day watching the way my dad loved my mom, the way he showed her he loved her and not just told her, though he told her a lot too. Seeing that everyday was one of the greatest gifts I have been given.
Sunday night I was laying in bed and I needed a glass of water, which Greg of course went downstairs and got for me. As I was laying there trying to sleep I started thinking about all the little ways he shows me he loves me constantly. I felt a really great peace come over me in knowing that my daughter is going to grow up seeing that everyday. It makes me confident that she will find a strong, loving man like her daddy to marry one day. Im sure I will still worry when she is old enough to date that she is dating the right men, but I know in my heart she will look for someone as wonderful as her daddy. So little girl, if you ever need a list, here are just some of the reasons I know you will love your daddy....
.. he will always put your needs first
.. he will always make you smile
.. he will always let you smother him with hugs and kisses
.. he will always rub your feet (even though he doesnt want to)
.. he will always laugh at your silly faces and stupid jokes
.. he will always make sure you are taken care of
.. he will always tell you sweet dreams before you fall asleep
.. he will always calm you down when you are upset
.. he will always make you see the simple things in life
.. he will always support your decisions and push you towards your dreams
.. he will always tell you he loves you (he has already started telling you every night)
1 comments:
that almost made me cry..ok, so i did tear up!!!! Yes, i know that Greg will make a wonderful dad someday!
Post a Comment