April 12, 2008

Seperation Anxiety

I really thought this would not be something we would have to deal with until she was older, but in the last week Gracyn has developed a really bad case of seperation anxiety. She panics if I leave the room or her eye sight for even a minute. We are talking huge sobs and crocodile tears. Greg keeps telling me to let her cry, but I just feel like she doesnt have that concept of permanency yet and she must feel abandoned. Im not sure. But I know I need some help! I cant get anything done unless she is in a sling with me or in the room. Not only that, but since our trip out of town (where I let her sleep with me in bed), she has reverted back to waking every 2 hours or so at night until I break down and bring her to bed with me, where she sleeps solid. She had been sleeping 8-10 hours at night in her crib since about 6 weeks. I know I need to rebreak that habit, Im just not sure how. Come monday we are going to have to rework on a schedule. Anway I never post snaps, I always post posed pics, so here are some snaps of her throwing a fit... mean mommy taking pics of that (but I know Stacia loves to see them, lol).



ok and one of her happy, just so you know she is usually not upset like that... she really is normally a very happy baby...

3 comments:

Anonymous 8:01 PM  

SHE IS SOOOO CUTE...even when she is throwin a fit!!!! I can relate on every level of the separation anxiety... it is sooo hard!!!

Erica Ledrowski 8:27 PM  

Hey Megan, my first baby did that (screaming when so much as thought about leaving the room). I helped her break that by going around a corner of the room I needed to go in. I'd play peek-a-boo 3 or 4 times around that corner with her until she was giggling. Then I'd dash and do something real quick (like attempt to go to the bathroom by myself) and when I got back to the corner, she was still sitting there grinning thinking I was a moron for taking so long to play the game. Maybe give that a shot.

She's beautiful!

Erica

Dried-on Milk 9:26 AM  

lol yeah those pics are priceless...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP