January 12, 2009

When Grandparents Babysit...

My parents are so over the moon when it comes to Gracyn. It seriously is so fun to watch them interact with her. The silly songs they sing, the ways they make her laugh, the sheer joy on their face when she does something they find funny. Gracyn and I spent 5 days down in Indy after Reese's birth, and she was spoiled every minute of the trip. On Saturday I decided to have a night out with my friend Beth and her husband Adam. So I put Gracyn to bed at 6pm (she usually goes down around 6-7) and went out to meet them for dinner and a movie. When I came home, my mom told me that around 8pm, Gracyn woke up and was "too excited to go back to bed" (read that as "the grandparents wanted to play more with the toy"), so they decided to let her out of bed for a few hours. She showed them all her favorite dance moves and charmed them with her smile in order to bribe them into giving her milk and cookies and a frozen fruit bar. She got to stay up until 10pm! I would complain about messing up our routine, but lucky me she slept like a rock the rest of the night and let me sleep in until 8am. I cant complain about that!
Anyway, here is a video from her late night with Grandma and Grandpa... she is dancing to Little Bow Wow... lol.

2 comments:

Amanda 2:54 PM  

oh that is so cute
how funny! I guess that is why they say "what happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's".
She has good rhythm!

Anonymous 11:14 PM  

Just one of the perks of being the gramma...we are in serious Gracyn-withdrawal - had no more excuses for not cleaning up the Christmas stuff and the toys. thanks for putting up with us...it was great. (I really did let her cry for a while before I got her up...lol)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP