January 12, 2009

Im an Aunt! Welcome baby Reese!

On Wednesday January 7th, my sister and my brother-in-law welcomed their first little baby girl into the world. Reese Elaine Elpers was born at 3pm, she weighed 8lbs 6oz and was 21in. My sister called me at 10pm on Tuesday to tell me that her water broke. I kinda panicked running around trying to pack everything up for Gracyn and I to leave. Unfortunately, it was snowing quite a bit here in Chicago and with it being so late Greg and I decided it was best if I waited until the morning to leave. I was so sad, thinking I would miss her birth, but in the end I was able to make it in time to see her born! My poor sister was in labor for about 17 hours! And she did it all medicine free. She really was so strong and focused, and Ryan was an awesome help to her. It was a great experience to get to witness her birth! I think I will still choose the drugs though :) Anyway, Reese is gorgeous with tons of dark hair and dark eyes. I cant wait to watch her grow up and see her personality develop. Here are a few pictures I have so far, I will have lots more soon!













1 comments:

Amanda 2:57 PM  

I am so incredibly thankful that you were able to make it! Reese must have known she needed to wait until her aunt was here...because once you got to the hospital...things got moving! It was amazing to have you there to capture those precious first few hours! I will treasure these pictures forever! Already I can't believe how fast it has gone. The labor and delivery was such an amazing experience, I am so happy I have a way to keep that with me forever. I also really appreciated the support, it really helped! thank you thank you!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP