February 25, 2009

My last day as a mom of one...

Well tomorrow is the big day! Only one more night of restless sleep before I get to meet my little man. I went in yesterday to see the high-risk doctor and to have another ultrasound done. They confirmed the large estimated weight (9lbs 8oz was their guess, just slightly smaller than my doctor's estimate) and also the increased fluid levels around the baby. Because of both of those diagnoses (macrosomia and polyhydramnios), the high risk doctor agreed with my doctor that the best decision would be to induce. So I am supposed to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 6am to start the induction process. Im hoping my body responds to the induction and we will have a good labor and delivery! Please pray that everything goes smoothly and that I am able to have him naturally and am able to breastfeed him as well!

Im a little sad this morning, thinking about the fact that this is my last day alone with Gracyn. Im trying to think of something special we can do together, but there really are no good indoor activities around here. I think we might just go to the library and pick out some special books for her to read with Grandma and Grandpa while they are staying with her. She has been really cuddly the last few days and is starting to FINALLY say mama. Yesterday she was playing with Greg in the other room and started pointing and heading towards me saying Mama. I really hope she knows what it means, I cant wait to have her really look at me and call me mama! It is such an overwhelming feeling when she gives us hugs and kisses, or when she laughs, I just cant imagine that tomorrow I will get to love a new person as much as I love her!

Anyway Im not sure how soon I will be able to update the blog, I dont think we are bringing the laptop to the hospital, but keep your eyes open for a new post introducing our little boy!

2 comments:

Amanda 4:50 PM  

I cannot wait to see pictures of him and hear about his arrival! I will pray for you that everything goes smoothly and progresses! You will be able to breastfeed!!

Love you all!

The Clark Window 9:02 PM  

I am praying for you and seriously hoping that by this point you have had you beautiful little boy :) Little boys will melt your heart and you will know the meaning of a mamma's boy :)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP