24 weeks... starting to feel real...
Yesterday at work I took care of the cutest little girl named Charlotte. She was a few days old and born at 24 weeks and 6 days gestation. But she was a bit small for her age, so she is just about the exact size of our baby. I have seen so many babies her size, but for once I really stopped to appreciate it. I was so enthralled with every little feature, just thinking that is how my baby looks right now. It was such a bizarre feeling to see her kick around in her bed and feel our baby kick and realize something that size is alive inside of me! It really made everything seem so real! I made a footprint of her's to bring home and show Greg so he can see exactly what is kicking me all the time... I tried to take a picture of it to show you guys, but size is so hard to see in pictures and with my wide angle lens her foot seems bigger than it is in real life, but you can get the idea at least! Her foot is just under 1.5 inches from heal to big toe...


3 comments:
love love love this post. that is so crazy to me that you work with babies that young! Life is a beautiful thing
I love that you did this! How amazing & beautiful! I hope that baby grows healty and strong quickly!
I absolutely love how you put this into perspective!!! Isn't it amazing that no matter how small this baby is, it is a perfectly formed baby already?!
Post a Comment