September 21, 2008

Babies wont Keep....

So lately I have been stressing over the fact that I cant seem to keep my house clean, and the dust keeps getting worse and how do I find time to clean the toilets, ect...

Today Greg of course gets like 50 things done around here before noon. I love him for his energy and his willingness to help, but sometimes watching him makes me feel so guilty. Like I should be able to get as much done as he does. He never ever complains about stuff that isnt done, but I still feel like I should be a better housewife. I just cant figure out how to balance Gracyn and life. She is 10 mos old and you would think I would have this down. And considering I only have 169 days till the new baby comes I had better figure something out fast!

I think Im going to make a chore list so that each day I do one thing. I made one before but I never stuck to it, so this time I have to really dedicate to it. I would love any other mom tips out there you guys have for ways to find time or organziation tips, etc...

In the meantime I found this quote today and it made me feel a lot better about the fact that I am playing ball with Gracyn instead of doing the 5 loads of laundry I have waiting. I thought I would share it with you guys...

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
(Ruth Hulburt Hamilton)


ps- this is my first post of my 7 day challenge to myself. im going to make an effort to post something from our day everyday this week. (dont hold your breath though, lol)

4 comments:

Anonymous 5:25 PM  

when you guys were little I checked out a book from the library called "Nobody Says You Have to Eat Off the Floor"...it was a guide to housekeeping. I checked it out so many times that I thought the library would give it to me...but they eventually took it off the shelf. You have a great husband...don't be so hard on yourself...being pregnant and chasing a 10-month old ain't easy...sometimes I felt like I was just one step ahead of the Board of Health...

Dried-on Milk 7:32 PM  

yup i'm doing the same thing with the list. i did it for a week and it worked great and then i fell off the bandwagon. once my house is done with this damn construction... i'm back on the wagon with you!! we all have trashed houses, time to get use to it i guess. annoying though, isn't it?

Amanda 7:59 AM  

i think what kills me is that, like Greg, Ryan gets stuff done so efficiently...they other day he laughed at me because I was supposed to be cleaning up and he found me organizing the junk drawer as dishes are piling over the sink and mud has been tracked through the kitchen floor....then he found me online checking the balance of a starbucks gift card I found in the junk drawer. It is surprising time consuming navigating that website...15 minutes of searching to learn I had 33 cents was not quite worth anything but a laugh. - can I have a copy of your chore list...I will start it with you!

nicole 5:02 PM  

man...i was totally where you were. i was always stressing to make sure my house was nice and clean and that the toys were somewhat contained...and felt I wasn't able to spend "quality" time with Coop without cleaning. I too made the list but it just couldn't be completed...ever! so, for mother's day...daniel hired a cleaning service that comes and cleans my house every other week. THey started when i was still pregnant with Tennyson...and i would have to say that i feel NO guilt when i write the check everytime. I spend that hour that they are here completely devoted to "playing" with Cooper and Tennyson. Just an idea...but it could be expensive...we've got a good couple who are very reasonable.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP