Day #3
Well today was a good day, I had a doctor's appointment and got to hear the little munchkin's heartbeat, always amazing! Everything looked good at the appointment. Im 16 weeks and the baby is now the size of an avocado. He is currently about 5 inches long (Gracyn was born at 22inches so we still have a long way to go to beat her!). Over the next three weeks he should double in size! I am already not fitting into my jeans so that just sounds wonderful :) You may notice I keep calling the baby "he"... that is not for certain yet, but I hate calling the baby "it". Here are some pics from 12 weeks. The 4d one is freaky to see, the baby doesnt have enough fat to make it a cute picture.
On the way to the hospital I got pulled over (sorry mom!) for speeding! YIKES! So Im shaking in my boots and I hand the guy my info, he asks if I know he speed limit, the usual routine. However I happened to mention in passing I was on my way to the hospital and I was a nurse there. To my shock and awe his response was "your a nurse? well thats good enough for me!" and he hands me my stuff back, tells me to drive safe and walks away! Now people have always told me this nurse card works but I just couldnt imagine it really would! Not that I plan on pulling that card, I drove 55 the rest of the way there and home!
Ok so one last note- this is a random post, all over the place. Gracyn is now eating people food (as opposed to dog food) and coming up with meal ideas is throwing me for a loop. I have never been a good cook or creative with meal planning but now I feel like every night I am scrounging to think of something healthy to feed her so I need to start planning our meals out in advance. I want her to be a much healthier and diverse eater than I am. So I am putting out a plea for ideas, if you have a meal you love that is easy to make and somewhat healthy please send me the recipe! I would love to have more ideas to throw into our usual mix. Here is my recipe for dinner tonight incase you wan a new idea for chicken...ps this is not super healthy, but not horrible! We had some broccoli and stuffing with this.
Flash Roasted Chicken
1 oz package of dry ranch mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
2 tbs melted butter or margarine
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mix first 3 ingredients together in shallow pan, reserve 1 cup of the mixture for sauce. Dip chicken in mixture and coat with tortilla chips. Drizzle butter over chicken and bake at 400degrees for 20 min or until chicken is cooked through. Heat sauce in small saucepan. Serve over chicken.
3 comments:
wow! hard to imagine "he" is already 16 weeks...I can't wait to find out the sex for sure!! Those 3d/4d pics are amazing...even if they are somewhat alien like...it is still such a cool thing to be able to see such a young baby. I honestly don't think I have a recipe that you don't already have...but I will try to come up with one...let me know if you get any good ones...and share the wealth!
well i am the last person to give you ideas for food. my kid would be eating hotdogs and mac and cheese for every meal but thank god i have J!!
Can you forward your meal ideas to me too!!! i feel the same way about meals...coop's been eating people food for months now and i'm getting more and more desperate for healthy ideas...he gets so picky too. i almost wished he would be back on puree baby food...he loved veggies...now he won't touch them! it was so much easier then.
Post a Comment